Thank you for taking the time to look at our school's new website. Llangynwyd Primary School is a small, community focussed village school set in Llangywnyd, on the outskirts of Maesteg.
We are a very inclusive school and pride our selves on ensuring that all pupils fulfil their potential and leave with a set of key values that allows them to become well-rounded, thoughtful children. We strive for high standards and pride ourselves on high expectations.
Our values created by the school community ensure that children develop into learners that are:
- confident and ambitious
- collaborative and independent
- honest and responsible
- be the best they can be
- kind, caring and compassionate
- be respectful and a good listener
These values are linked to our school motto "Gweithio gyda'n gilydd - Working Together" which demonstrates our belief that we are all responsible for ensuring the wellbeing and progress of each and every child in our school. We encourage teamwork, as well as independence and promote a safe and caring environment where children can flourish.
Our newly created vision is also linked heavily to the recently launched Curriculum for Wales, which aims to :
- Empower AMBITIOUS, CAPABLE LEARNERS, ready for life long learning
- Inspire ENTERPRISING,CREATIVE CONTRIBUTORS, ready to play a part in the 21st Century.
- Shape ETHICAL INFORMED CITIZENS, that look outward as citizens of Wales and the World.
- Foster HEALTHY,CONFIDENT INDIVIDUALS, ready to contribute fully in society
We operate an open door policy and welcome all parents, carers, families and the people of the local community to become involved in school life and support the children of Llangynwyd Primary School.
I look forward to working with you,