Croeso i Dosbarth Glas!
Welcome to Blue Class!
Teacher: Mrs Kelly Kehoe
LSO: Mrs Emma Morgan
Blood, Bones & Gory Bits
Our topic this half term has a science focus and teaches children about the human body including significant organs such as the heart, brain and lungs. At the heart of this project children write explanations to describe biological processes of the human body and develop additional skills using a range of technical and scientific language. In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by creating a friend for Frankenstein’s monster using a range of made body parts.
In this project the children will learn:
• About the heart, circulation, the pulse and blood;
• About major organs of the human body and their functions in keeping us alive and well;
• How exercise and a healthy diet keeps the body well and fit;
• About the digestive system;
• How to write explanation texts using scientific language;
• How scientific and medical research has changed over time;
• How to create 3D forms using wire and other materials;
• How to work collaboratively.